This is me. Not really ME in the photo, but this is how I feel about filing my taxes. I could not be more stressed about this! I've been searching online for some help. I have calls in to a few of my favorite accountants and tax attorneys who are more than willing to help me, but I feel like I should be a little more knowledgable before I dive into a conversation or discussion with them about my small business taxes. So, I've gathered some resources from some great blogs, Etsy and the IRS and of course, I want to share them with you, my crafty mom friends.
- Your Home Based Mom - Tax To-Do List for 2008 (simple and to-the-point, blog post)
- IRS Tax Guide for Small Business (everything you need to know, heavy reading, pdf file)
- SCORE.org - Free help for small businesses Top 10 Tax Tips for Small Businesses
- JJM Finance - Etsy shop filled with inexpensive and useful business tools, forms and spreadsheets (owner is a CPA)
- IRS Small Business and Self-Employed One-Stop Resource (tons of links, very reliable)
- TurboTax Tax Tips and Free Tax Calculator
- Entrepreneur.com "Don't Let Tax Season Tax You" article with TaxMama.com
Please post your tax tips and advice for fellow crafty moms in business too. We are good at crafting, but maybe not so good at number-crunching! Happy reading and calculating...when all else fails, give all the papers and forms to your husband or your father (or father-in-law). Kidding!