Happy Halloween, Moms!
I just realized that I do not have a costume. Normally I don't wear a costume, but we have a "grown-ups only" Halloween party at our neighbor's house tomorrow night.
I am at a loss for what to wear. Can I be "Sleep-Deprived Mom" or "Drinks Too Much Diet Coke Mom"? Those may work, but I'm still trying to figure out how to pull that all together.
What about a 70's Prom Queen or Pageant Queen? It only requires an old dress that you KNOW you still have in your closet, some ugly shoes and teased up hair and maybe your daughter's plastic princess tiara? Wait, that means my old prom dress has to FIT. Bummer.
I am laughing out loud at this post on TastyBaby.com for Five Innovative Costumes for Mom. You have to read this. I really may try one of these costume ideas:
- Pregnant Mom - So funny! You get to carry a What To Expect When Your Expecting book, a bag of typical pregnancy snacks, a big shirt stuffed with a play ball and leggings. I can pull this one off for sure!
- Perfect Mom - Picture Martha Stewart. Perfectly pressed shirt, pastel sweater, pearls and your perfectly organized family calendar and notebook of your charity work.
- The New Infant Mom (hilarious!) - All you need is a spit-up rag on your shoulder, a breast pump in one hand, a GIANT diaper bag, a stroller and dark circles under your eyes.
- Soccer Mom - You can just picture it. Tasty Baby suggests carrying a six-pack of electrolyte juice with you.
- Busy Mom on the Edge - All you need is your Blackberry, your power suit and "The Look"
Hope these get your creative gotta-get-my-costume-together ideas a-flowing!
P.S. - Thanks to all of the crafty moms who have written me this month for a feature spot. I am working as fast as I can to promote each of you - thanks for sticking with us!