Did you know?
- Veteran's Day always falls on November 11th, no exceptions.
- In 1918, World War I ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month when an armistice was signed declaring the "war to end all wars" was finally over.
- The next year on November 11th, the U.S. called the day "Armistice Day" in memory of all the men and women who served in WWI.
- Congress changed the name to Veterans Day in 1954.
- Veterans Day is a legal holiday in the U.S. to honor all who have served in the nation's armed forces.
Take A Moment To Thank A Veteran
When you see someone in a uniform
Someone who serves us all,
Doing military duty,
Answering their country’s call,
Take a moment to thank them
For protecting what you hold dear;
Tell them you are proud of them;
Make it very clear.
Just tap them on the shoulder,
Give a smile, and say,
"Thanks for what you’re doing;
To keep us safe in the USA!"
By Joanna Fuchs (www.poemsource.com)