This is the "heart" of my studio - my cutting counter, ribbon roller, shipping center, design table and fabric folding area all-in-one!
I'll post a photo of my Pottery Barn-esque work table tomorrow, built by my husband!
To create your own crafty wall like this, you'll need:
- Two white bookcases (ours are from Home Depot)
- One countertop (ours is from Lowes)
- Three kitchen drawer bases (found on Craig's List)
- Matching hardware (love the $1 bin)
- Huge Olfa cutting mat (ours if from JoAnn's)
- Giant peg board to size - John added wood framing to the back to bring it out from the wall (Martha always paints her peg board - hubby said I was nuts)
- Baskets mostly from HomeGoods
- My ribbon spools hanger is created from some racking from a going-out-of-business sale at Hancock Fabrics ($1), plus a thick dowel rod and some ribbons. A curtain rod does the trick too!
I hope this gives you some ideas for your space - everyone has such different spaces to work with. Mine is a bundle from every store you can think of, but it works for me!
(It is only clean because we had a few appointments this week to show our house - don't you just love having your home on the market?)
Back to making a mess - I have fabric and tulle to cut!
Happy Monday, Moms!